8 Must Have Applications To Boost Your Productivity
Here is the list of the applications all windows users should have;
- CCleaner- CCleaner is a junk file cleaner, registry cleaner, system restore cleaner and more. It supports java, Firefox, opera, ie, chrome, prefetch files, and more. This tool helps clean up your computer safety but removing junk files that can slow down your computer.
- Microsoft Security Essentials- MSE is an Antivirus/Anti-Spyware Client from Microsoft. This is the product that replaced OneCare. It’s lightweight, fast, free, easy to use, and has a high detection rate.
- Firefox- This is a no brainer. Its time for people to stop using the default browser IE. Although there are some websites like banking websites that still don’t support Firefox the need is still there. It’s faster, its safer, it has add-ons galore, and its open-source. Chrome/Safari/Opera also work if you would rather use those.
- Secunia PSI- Secunia PSI is an essential app for anyone since it detects vulnerabilities. It scans for applications that are out of date, and just how much of a security risk those out of date applications pose. For example an out-dated flash or java could easily put your computer in great risk.
- CNET Tech Track- CNET (who hosts download.com) features an update checker. Since CNET has a huge virus/spyware free library of apps it means that it will be able to find every of your out of date applications so you can easily stay up to date without constantly checking for updates.
- Defraggler- Defraggler is a very nifty defragmentation application. It can defrag only a certain file, or files in a folder, or your whole drive, or just the files under a certain size. People also use it because vista/windows 7’s defrag app has removed the GUI since in XP.
- Recuva- Recuva is an application that can find delete files on your hard drive if you accidentally deleted them. Although it only works if you deleted the file recently.
- Open Office- Open Office is really the free open-source twin to office. It does word, power point, spreadsheets, and databases. It can open and save office files so you don’t have to worry about compatibility. Although if you want an in the cloud experience use Google docs.
In addition to using these applications to boost the overall productivity in our organization, one more thing that we recomend very highly to boost the effectiveness and productity of any business is to get seo done for the company website. This is absolutely crucial for any organization, even though some people do not think so. The reason, I include this as a must do for all companies and professional organizations is due to the increase in business we have seen after getting seo done by seo gold coast. There was a massive difference in the results after the seo project was complete for our website, and we saw 28% increase in traffic to our website. So, try it our for yourself, and see the difference it can make to your organization.